During pregnancy, your body undergoes drastic changes. Most mothers will get back to their pre-pregnancy body a few months after giving birth. Unfortunately, some mothers aren’t so lucky. If you have excess abdominal skin after pregnancy, then a tummy tuck on Long Island can be done to tighten abdominal muscles.
What if You Had a C-Section? Is Tummy Tuck on Long Island Possible?
It’s a definite yes. You can undergo a tummy tuck. It is safe and common among mothers who had a C-section delivery. This procedure offers life-changing results making it one of the most popular procedures at Cold Spring Plastic Surgery.
What is the Key to a Successful Outcome?
Although you can undergo a tummy tuck after a C-section, you still have to allow your body to fully heal after giving birth before you can undergo such a procedure. You may have to wait up to 12 months after birth. Consult with one of our plastic surgeons to find out if you’re a good candidate for this procedure or do you have to wait for a little while.
What are the Benefits of Undergoing a Tummy Tuck After a Cesarean Section?
A tummy tuck is ideal for women who wish to reclaim their confidence after childbirth. This procedure produces dramatic results. It can address various concerns in the abdominal area including the following:
- C-section scars. They exist above your bikini line. Unfortunately, the scar can show through your clothing. But a tummy tuck can remove it.
- Separated abdominal muscles. They are common after pregnancy. Many new mothers in Hollywood undergo this procedure solely for this purpose.
- Lax abdominal muscles. This procedure will tighten the muscles and make that area look firmer.
- Sagging skin. During pregnancy, you’ll gain a lot of weight. Your skin expands. After childbirth, your skin may have trouble returning to its original shape after being stretched during pregnancy. But a tummy tuck can help tighten the skin.
- Stretch marks. They are common in pregnant women and mothers who just gave birth. One way to reduce them is to undergo a tummy tuck.
The benefits of this procedure can help regain your pre-pregnancy appearance. You can also regain your confidence. A tummy tuck is done as part of a mommy makeover. It’s a personalized combination of procedures that can ensure you can gain back your pre-pregnancy appearance in no time. A mommy makeover includes breast lift, liposuction, and other procedures that can alleviate skin pigment changes. Vaginal rejuvenation may also be done if you wish to address it.
What Type of Tummy Tuck You Must Choose?
It depends on your specific needs. At Cold Spring Plastic Surgery, every procedure starts with a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons. This will help determine your body’s needs and goals. After consultation, the doctor will develop a personalized treatment plan. You may choose a mini-tummy tuck, which is the least invasive form. Or opt for the full tummy tuck to address both the lower and upper abdominal areas.
You may schedule your consultation with our plastic surgeons today if you are interested in a tummy tuck on Long Island. Call us here: (631) 470-9650.
Posted in: Body