A mommy makeover is the combination of several different plastic surgery procedures customized to target different parts of your body – mainly focused around the stomach and breasts. The procedures that may be included in a mommy makeover may include:
- Breast augmentation and lift
- Tummy tuck/abdominoplasty
By working with our board-certified Long Island plastic surgeons, you will be able to choose a plan that is customized to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
When is it the right time for a mommy makeover?
One of the deciding factors in undergoing a mommy makeover is whether or not you plan to become pregnant again. While the possibility of a pregnancy after a mommy makeover is possible and safe, it can compromise the results of your procedure and it may lead to subsequent surgeries to restore the results of your original procedure. If you have had a breast augmentation or lift you may have some difficulty breastfeeding. It is also important to realize that a mommy makeover is not a solution for weight loss. While small pockets of stubborn fat can be removed, with liposuction, during a mommy makeover and loose or excess skin can be removed or tightened, patients should be at their ideal weight before proceeding with a mommy makeover.
How do you know if you are a candidate for a mommy makeover?
There are several steps that need to be taken before considering a mommy makeover, they are:
- Give your body time to bounce back after your pregnancy. You should wait at least six months after childbirth so your skin, muscles, and breasts can regain their normal size and shape. It also gives you time to see where your body may need a surgical solution.
- If you have been breastfeeding, waiting six months will give your breasts enough time to settle and lessen the likelihood of an infection.
- Make sure that you are sure about your decision to not have any more children. An unplanned pregnancy, after a mommy makeover tummy tuck procedure, can undo the muscle repair and loosen up the skin over the abdomen.
- Make sure that you are at your ideal weight for the mommy makeover procedure. Your results will be at a higher quality if you are at your desired weight.
- You will need to rest for several weeks or even months after a mommy makeover. You need to take into account a lengthy recovery period. You will not be able to carry or play with your child or even take care of your child alone. You will need to have someone available at all times to help you with these activities.
A mommy makeover is focused on women who have given birth but some women choose this combination of procedures after achieving significant weight loss. Whatever your situation, if you feel that you are ready for a mommy makeover, the board-certified Long Island plastic surgeons at Cold Spring Plastic Surgery can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Use our secure online form or contact us at 631-470-9650 to request a consultation about a mommy makeover.